View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Steel Addict

Harrison Bros & Howson knife?

Hey guys,

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now and have a question I thought y'all might be able to help with. One of the pastors at my church has a knife that was given to him, and he asked me if I could find anything out about the history of it. Its about 10" long overall, has a stag handle with a copper or brass ferrule and buttcap. The blade is an integral forged from about 1/2" stock and has a very straight belly for the length of the blade. A lightly ground false edge extends from the point about 2/3's of the way back to the handle. The stamp says 'Harrison Bros & Howson' below an emblem that looks like a crown set between a V and R. Farther forward on the blade its marked 'Spanish Blade'. A quick internet search seemed to indicate that the Harrison bros worked in Sheffield in the latter part of the 1800's, but I couldn't find anything else. Anybody know anything about the makers of this knife or any other info? I may be able to get a picture next time I see the owner. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Josh