View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Skilled

Bill, that looks like a type 1 stamp, pre 1966, possibly used back into 1950s. This style is pretty prototypical of the first Randall stamps on the key issues, though there are font differences that could probably be identified and further subdivided. There may be some variations I would like to attempt to categorize in a few months when I retire and have time.

The key clues are the "F" post is lined up with the right "M" post, the last "O" of Orlando is lined up in space between Randall and Made.

Caveat... I have not examined the stamps that may have been used after about 1975. It is possible that a later stamp was similar to this one. Also, I do not recognize the spacers on this knife. But you asked me about the stamp...

Here again are some simple guidelines. I documented this in a previous post that included knives the bracketed the key date... very early 1966. Identifying that change over date was my objective because it was smack dab in the middle of my time of interest, the Vietnam era.

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-28-2017 at 06:16 PM.