Thread: Etching
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Guru

hey guys...i watched a video last night where a guy etched a billet many times (during each step) during a damascus project. to show what the different steps produce. one of my questions is if i forge welded (or think i did) but hadn't started drawing out the billet if i grinded down the surface and then etched would it help to inspect the billet and see if the forge welds had taken hold good? also how long does the etching stuff last how many times can i use it over and over again? i have the PCB stuff from radio shack i think its ferric choride

hey guys...i watched a video last night where a guy etched a billet many times (during each step) during a damascus project. to show what the different steps produce. one of my questions is if i forge welded (or think i did) but hadn't started drawing out the billet if i grinded down the surface and then etched would it help to inspect the billet and see if the forge welds had taken hold good? also how long does the etching stuff last how many times can i use it over and over again? i have the PCB stuff from radio shack i think its ferric choride

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 09-14-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Duplicate