View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Jack said:
Quote:
In my view the organizational mind wants order. It would be contrary to human nature to just let a production hand randomly stamp a sheath, and most workers themselves wouldn't feel comfortable if such a detail was just waved off by supervisor/owner with a "whatever." Furthermore, companies, even small ones, do not usually change their logo (or stamp) on a whim. Something occurred late 1962-63 and the stamp and possibly the sheaths, changed noticeably... at least in the sample pictured above.

All this could be BS... given a larger sample.
Well Jack, I think it's safe to say the your mind wants order, bit I'm not so sure about the folks who were making those Heiser/Johnson sheaths. Human nature unfortunately would allow randomly stamped sheaths. I have seen enough examples of this happening on many products over the years.

I agree that companies don't change logos on a whim, but in this case the it's only the direction of the stamp that's inconsistent, the logo remains the same.

BS is too strong a word for your theory, and it would be interesting to have more input from those who have more experience handling many Randalls of the period in question. Perhaps some will chime in. One can only hope.

Jack also said:
Quote:
Frank Frazetta also used another incident I was involved in during the Congo wars when we were rescuing the white hostages in Stanleyville ... but it didn't directly involve the magic-Randall except as a talisman. Here is the painting he made roughly about that incident, just to keep on topic....
Thanks for posting the illustration. Not only does it depict your courageous heroism, but thankfully it disposes any notion of political correctness which is all too prevalent today.

Cheers!

David

Last edited by Moosehead; 04-27-2013 at 07:57 AM.