View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 05:21 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutchtip View Post
In any case, it has always been the same piece of stag, and in my opinion the same blade. Again, I believe he took it apart, reground the blade as stated, and re-handled it with fancier spacer stack and different hilt.
With the one side of the 1937 photo of the knife claimed as Bo Randalls 1st knife that we have, is joined with a picture of the same side of the knife as it appears now.

Below is from the RKS newsletter, the top handle is from the original knife, the bottom 2 pictures were taken in 1938, the other in 2004?
IMO, the bottom 2 pictures, though taken approx 65 years apart, they are identical. I can see the pattern of the stag matching. Then when I compare the top pic of the 1st Randall knife stag with the other 2, I see a similarity in the angling of the white part of the stag on the crown end, but the rest, not at all.
I believe the thickness to be different as well.

I would like to know how the conclusion that the knife was reworked was determined. Seems like a lot of extra work to redo it. It appears Bo was happy with it, a sportsman friend of his tried to buy it right away, but he wouldn't sell it because it wasn't finished, and it didn't have a sheath.The picture of it looks pretty good too. Not sure why it was determined later that it was reworked. Unless Bo stated that it was. Is that what happened Joe?

Regards, Sam