View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 05:02 AM
Guru

If I were you I would get some canola...I always used 5 gal (when I used canola) simple get a large piece of scrap steel get it red hot and stir it in keep doing that till the canola is heated the biger the scrap steel the less amount of times you would need to do it. and just use 1084 and learn that well first....put that money away and save much more to get a good grinder if you can save the money ideally a 2x72 is the best but because of price a lot go for a 2x48 or something like that but most eventually end up with a 2x72 personally I skipped the smaller grinders and went right to the 2x72 less money spent in the entire scheme of things

Oh a problem I had with the hammon when I first did them is I would scrape the edge of the clay off with a popsicle stick but it always left a tiny bit of clay where I didn't want it and left a blury hammon line. after you scrape the excess off I go back with a wet q tip and clean up the edge so its a nice sharpe edge...if you do that it should come out good