View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
You saw my video on making a kitchen knife with a hidden tang handle. In that video I put a spacer of different material at the front of the handle. I could have just as easily cut the handle block in half and put a spacer in the middle. The only difference is how long the tang has to be. You saw me assemble the handle a piece at a time and glue it as I went. You can do the same with the handle you want to make.....

Ray is the video you reference a YouTube video. I have my first hidden tang knife in the planning stage and I saw something on another forum that has my mind questioning what I thought I knew about hidden tang knives!

So I am looking for more reference material as "How To" when it comes to hidden tang knives!!

So if you have some references I would appreciate a link that!

Not trying to steal anyone's thread just looking for the same info and more!!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft