Thread: Recurve in O1
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 07:42 AM

Jim - I wasn't crazy about the handle color request, but the finished knife changed my mind. The color combo was at the customer's request so I'm thinking he may have had this picture planned from the start! The rounded pins were kind of an accident that worked out nicely. I hand-finished the handles before buffing. As you mentioned, stainless is tough stuff. The pins didn't sand at the same rate as the micarta so I opted to round them off instead of trying to countersink or match with the exact contour of the micarta.

Thanks for the compliments. I was so pleased with this knife that I've already almost finished one for myself with natural scales & orange/green liners. Ryan (customer) sent me this picture shortly after the first one. He bagged a nice buck a week after he received the knife and was able to use it for dressing! This picture is a little washed out, but it also shows the sheath I made for him. Which.... Sheath specs. Kydex inner with wet-formed leather outer (removable for cleaning). Sent two mounting attachments with it- a leather dangler loop and a large Tek-Lok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deerknife.jpg (91.4 KB, 12 views)