View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Here is is a mid-70's #3-6" that a friend of mine had been using for years. He had lost the leather sheath and was using a homemade kydex one to carry it. He laughs at guys like me that will actually buy a knife for beauty or for collection. "A knife is a tool, nothing more, nothing less."
We attended the last Blade Show together and he wanted me to see what his Randall was worth. He said that if he could trade it, due to its age for a new one, he would do it. Long story short, no one at the show trade him, due to the lack of the correct sheath, so I traded him a Harvey King hunter for it. I think that we both feel that we took the other.
The point here is that, this is what the miracle-workers at RMK can do to a knife. They not only rescued it but made it look new again. They reconditioned the knife, gave me a proper sheath and mailed it back for $85 and 4 weeks time. Now that is service!

-gary

- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Raindog; 02-07-2006 at 08:30 PM.