View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Got a phone call this morning from the individual who works referrals at the Base. She told me that on Monday they submitted all of my records/info to the Mayo Clinic, and late yesterday evening she received a reply from the Mayo Clinic saying that based on the records review, they would NOT see me. It seems that since the Mayo Clinic is not a "network provider" for TriCare (military insurance) they can accept or deny patients based on reviewing an individual's medical records/determining medical need.
All may not be lost however....she also told me that she had resubmitted my package to the Mayo this morning, along with some additional information that might make a difference. Now we wait again to see what the Mayo says.

Should the Mayo deny me again, she told me there is a place in Seattle, WA. which is a "network provider", and that is our fallback option. The lady told me that the issue with going to Seattle is that they very often will schedule tests/appointments as much as a week apart, which would very likely mean an extended stay for me, or a lot of back and forth travel... whereas the Mayo "stacks" appointments nearly every hour for a patient in order to get the most done, in the shortest amount of time/visits.

Although things are now at a "higher level" it's still more "hurry up and wait". Please keep praying that things work out to get me somewhere that can diagnose/help me.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."