View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
Goater, next time you're thinking of doing some sheetmetal Fab let me know and I may be able to come down and help you. Save you some time and have a few useful tools you could borrow. Nice start to a tomahawk head, make your own drift punches for the handle hole. Go to a machine shop and buy some big 1" to 2" round stock and taper grind it. (know a place) Like to show you some blacksmithing too and make your own twisting tools. Never mind using crescent wrenches. I won't ask for much in return. Only your SOUL. Bwahahaha!!!

PM me dude.

Thanks for the offer. FWIW my soul already belongs to another. Not sure how far I want to go into this. I have an artist friend who has the whole shebang, anvil, hammers, forge, even a power hammer and has offered to let me use it all. Again, not sure how far I want to go. I only have a little 28 lb. anvil. If I were going into this in any way I'd need something heavier...though this little anvil will work for now. I guess it's better than a 30lb piece of RR track. Working on building a new burner for now. Good tip for a drift punch.
Thanks again, may take you up on it some time.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!