View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Skilled

Steve, your marvelous and simple account is one reason I asked for the story. People today sometimes don't realize what it took to buy a Randall in a pre-interstate highway, pre-mobile-cell phones, pay-phones, pre-internet, limited television, magazine dominated world.

Mr. Randall was a marketing genius who carefully cultivated the press, and understood the importance of word of mouth, catalogs passed around the military, good karma with his cherished clients. It would have been unimaginable for Mr. Randall to say to one of his customers something like "people like you are a dime a dozen and just come and go...". Yet that is what is encountered at times these days across a lot of society and what has taken the place of courtesy and respect.

Thanks for to story line.

Quote:
Fantastic knife AND story! I could read posts like this one all day! I have a ton of Model 14's in the safe, but my pics are too large for this format so I need to re-shoot some
Bill, to re-size, right click the picture, click "open with", click "paint." Upper left is a button that is "resize." click that.... then click the little button that says "pixels." enter 650 in the upper pixel box... and picture will be resized to 650 pixels wide.. which is what I use on forums. Click "save as" and give your picture a different name, such as "picture-650," then save it. The original will still be there. Now you can post that in the forum.

I notice you use the picture feature internal with this site. If you open a personal account on Photobucket, or one of the on-line photo hosting sites, you can enter pictures anywhere anytime on line. It is easy.

Last edited by Jacknola; 04-22-2016 at 09:12 AM.