View Single Post
Old 08-10-2001, 11:03 PM
Jon Christensen

Got me a Power Hammer

Well everybody, found myself a Murray 100# power hammer today for $1500.00 . It's in great shape, is still set up for the large belts and has a 5hp three phase motor. The guy even threw in a swedge block that feels like it weighs a little over 100#. Had to drive to wyoming to get it and was a slow drive home with the pickup, that thing is really topheavy (lots of chain and binders to keep it steady).
Had quite the feascoe (spelling) getting it out. Had a guy with a boom truck here to unload it. We had a miscommunication while doing it and the thing slide and tipped over the side of my truck ( it's a long sad story), taking out the side of the box. Man what a letdown after getting such a killer deal..Had some other friends over and we just got it off the side of my truck. Fortunately the truck suffered all the damage and cushioned the blow for the hammer. I can always get a new box.
Live and learn I guess, next time I'll get a large frontend loader to move it.
Anyway, I feel better after getting that off my mind, hope it made sense (I'm kind of rummy after that experience)
Now I need to get it hooked up and HAMMER SOME STEEL.
Jon