View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Steel Addict

"Is it a Job or a Vacation"

I started noticing on some of the forums I've browsed,particularly guitar forums, that everyone must be like me,retired...People post all day long, then it usually drops off in the evenings and on weekends.Its almost like"I'm not going to spend my own time on this stuff, but as long as I'm
working(or supposed to be) it's ok.I have seen people come right out and say"I'm getting so bored with this thread, I think I'll go back to work."....How does that work?
I never had a prob like that, as it would be hard to post anything with a pair of greasy gloves
on, up in the top of a drilling rig, or welding, or running down the interstate.My boss thought I deserved a promotion? once, and put me in the office...I lasted two days. At the end of the day,
I couldn't see where I had accomplished anything.If you don't have any "job satisfaction"where
you're at other than posting on the internet, you might want to consider a new career.Who knows?You might be a happier person.You'll definitely be more productive....