Thread: brass gaurd
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 03:42 PM
Guru

LOL you are right about the kydex although making sure you clean it very very thoroughly after making the sheath so no lil tiny bits are in there deffinitly reduces the scratches

but yeh all my buff are the same compound clean and all that the only thing is SOME of the buffs I use for brass had been used once or twice on steel but I tested to make sure it wasn't that by taking a new buff amd applying pink scratch less and buffining in new direction and still same result brass is soft so its deffinitly going to scratch more easy than steel so I tried all the LIGHT compounds but I just don't get it cause I have polished brass in the past the exact same way with much better results wich is why I thought maybe because I melted this piece had something to do with it ...I did end up getting it better (not like I would have liked but better than it was) and since this knife is for me it will be ok (practice on hidden tang as I haven't done many of those and deffintly need practice even this time fitting the guard isn't perfect slight lil gap on the side of the blade and the guard I have a hard time with fitting gaurds like that but I have only done it 2 or 3 times ) I already put the guard on as I got the face a lil better so cant change it now but I will have to try and satin finish brass I have never done that always polished brass bolsters even if there was a satin finished knife under it deffinitly have to try it next I mess with brass