View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

I'm 99% positive that the blade is brass, it's non-magnetic and I was able to sharpen it literally in seconds with my finest grit stone and light pressure. The edge I sharpened is still brass in color, I examined it closely with my jewelers loupe. Judging by how fast it sharpened, and how fast I was able to dull it again just by slicing thick paper, it would have to be a very very soft steel if it's indeed a steel blade. I've looked all over the knife, inside/out, and haven't found a manufacturers mark anywhere. The handle is definitely brass since there is a bit of green oxidation inside of it, and a small spot on the outside aswell.

Gotta love the series 3 Rx7's! I love them, I own a 1986 Rx7 GXL. It has 145k on the clock, but I freshened up the engine with a new rear housing, new rear rotor, new apex/side seals, all new gaskets, and removed all of the emissions equipment. I also removed the oil injection system, and I simply premix 2 stroke oil into the gas. Since it's simply my summer/dry day car I don't mind premixing.

Last edited by rx7rotary13b; 02-10-2012 at 10:21 PM.