View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Living Legend

They went with the collar pins, black belt and Navy blue (black really, like the dress blues). I've had that uniform for a while. It has raised a big stink among the upper enlisted with us wearing khaki. That has always been reserved for chiefs and officers. Getting your khakis has always been a landmark in the Navy.

So since they complained about that they said "Ok will give you your own uniform." That's how the dress khaki came to be brought back. Of course it's expensive as hell and chiefs and officer have to buy their own uniforms so....

There is also works on updating the dress uniforms. They will be adding zippers on the uniforms (top and bottoms) and the 13 button fly will be ornamental. They will also be bringing back the dress white. What they currently call the dress white is the WWII undressed whites. It won't have the solid blue flap but they will be bringing back the fitted cuffs and the blue piping.

This was a legacy of our last CNO. It started one because he hates the dungerees. He also disliked have different uniforms for enlisted and officers. He is going for more of a national uniform. I feel that eventually we will have one working uniform and one service uniform for all militaries with each having their own dress uniforms. US is the only country that doesn't issues "theater" uniforms.

When the Marine MARPAT came out there were issues with the medics and religious in the Navy that serve with them. They were always allowed to wear the Marine uniforms but for the dress. When the MARPAT came out it was classified as a Marine only uniform. This left the medics in woodland and VERY obvious in the field.

Jim