View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Skilled

well i've finally come to a decision on the lock back Vs liner lock and the winer is..........lock back. so basically i had an idea then i changed it and now im changing back. the reason is, i spent the last three hours making a plastic prototype and it came out great, the lock is a little sloppy but besides that it works great, ill just have to remember on the real one to leave plenty of spare steel around the lock area and work a little slower at removing it.
i think making a plastic version first is the smartest thing i've ever done and i have Rays tutorial to thank for that, although his is a liner lock the idea of a trial run was good.

so i plan on placing an order with texas knife as soon as they tell me what postage will cost me. im getting some stainless sheet for liners some brass for pins and bolsters, some stainless for a blade and spineand some of their spring material. i think thats all i need isn't it. i dont need any fancy pivots or something like that do I? do lock backs normaly have thumb bobs??

Brett

Last edited by Brett Holmes; 08-29-2005 at 03:24 AM.