View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohatyaor View Post
They are from Frost Cutlery and they all are stamped China or Pakistan. Now I realize these are not "show" quality nor are they probably even of a quality for any kind of usage but all I wanted to do was hang them around my family crest on the wall. They do seem to be good enough for that anyway.????

lol
Wall hanger is a wall hanger, if you like the way it looks then by all means you have done what you set out to do. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I think what most of the guys are saying is that if you ever want working/using knives these aren't the ones to get. I don't think anyone here is out to bust your chops, just most of us approach cutlery as a working tool, not something to hang on the wall. Although many of the ones you will see posted here are a might to purty to carry in the woods, they are still function first creations........just the way we're wired.

Do hope you are satisfied with your acquisition and they serve you well. I have used several of the products mentioned above to preserve a finish. Find one you can apply easily with the least amount of effort and mess and stick with it. Just remember heavy oil based products and veggie oils will attract and hold dust.

Hope you will continue to visit this site and the KNF in general. Post pics of your wall mount if you get a chance.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H