View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Guru

I agree I have never needed to vent anything. I would think the smaller the oven the quicker it cools. Mine is 22in deep. So when I first got it I put a fan in front of it after it was off to try and cool it down quicker. I was quickly told that you can break the heating elements doing that. Even letting it cool with the door open can hurt the elements. 95% of the stuff I do is stainless so it goes into quench then into liquid nitrogen over night so that give me time for the oven to cool down. When I do use a carbon steel I end up tempering in the kitchen oven most of the time....Most of my heat treating I do toward the end of the day so it goes into oven then quench the liquid nitrogen over night BUT if I do it in the morning then I really only need to leave it in the liquid nitrogen for 2 hours wich usually cools the oven. When I do that I close the door after I take the blade out and let it cool for 30-45 mins with the door closed then open the door a bit to let it cool the rest of the way....I don't know the exact time it takes to cook but I will be heat treating a folder blade either tonight or in the morning....I will make it a point to see exactly how fast it cools and ill let you know tomorow