View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

george hale

My grandpa and grandma Mac & Clyde McGee were gun and knife show dealers mainly in the midsouth region dealed in George Hale knifes and other things that George and Cindy his wife made. They went to Oklahoma to George and Cindy's place to get there supplys for the gun shows. I went to many gun shows with them when I was a kid untill grandpa got sick and he passed away in 94. I know for a fact that George and cindy never made doubles of anything they made. The knives and jewlrey are one of a kind they never made one the same even if someone tried to pay them to make a double they wouldn't do it. Back in the mid 80's the bowies were selling over a 1500 dollars a piece. all the stuff they put in the handles are real. Being that there are only one of each in the world they are very valuable. I have no idea how much they are worth today. I still have all the George Hale knives that my grandpa gave me on birthdays and holidays threw the years and they are not for sell ever. I even have a few bowies that he gave me with solid ivory handles. They are more sentimental to me I could never get rid of them. Just to see about ten years ago I had one of the bowies appraised they said just the ivory on the handle alone was worth 5000 dollars being that there one of a kind and now they are antique there are no telling what they are worth they are priceless. If you got anything George hale in the midsouth it probably come from my Grandpa Mac McGee.