View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Skilled

Send a message via ICQ to sjaqua
My name is Scott B. Jaqua

I am a 100% American Mutt. I have at least a little bit of blood from every race of man running through my body. And I have more then a few nations and cultures making up my family background and heritage.

From an early age I have always been festinated with history. Most especially the artifacts and what that says about the technology of the past. And like many a young man I was drawn to the study of arms and armour (my 9th grade history project was a 1/3 scale working English infantry mortar of the American Revolution (it was different time back when I was in school)).

It was during this young time in my life that I learned a great deal of the shop techniques that have helped me along the way. I also learned I could make anything I could fully visualize in my mind. All this due to my Father, a genuine Rocket Scientist and Aerospace Engineer. (Look-up Vance Jaqua, online and you will see he is still active in aviation engineering)

When I entered College I found whole world of Historic Recreation. And from that a seed was planted. For over two decades I have studied, taught about and collected historic arms. Five years ago, I finally decided to get off my butt and take that knowledge of historic patterns and technology and see if I could build a forge and make steel do the things I knew it could.

Since then I have been exploring historic arms in a new way. By experiencing the making of them. I have done a few full on reproductions and a good number of historically inspired pieces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most important right of all, is that of Free Speech. With out that, all your other rights will soon be taken away. So, I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend until death, your right to say it!