View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 10:43 PM

If anyone can and will present an older pre-written history account of metal smithing, than the Bibilcal account in Genesis, I'm sure we'd be all ears. The world religions were not created in a vacuum, but out of great civilizations who contributed much to the history of technology.

Whether one considers the Bible truth, folklore or mythology, one cannot deny that its texts say what they say about smithing and do so without proselytizing. I'm no expert on world religions, so im not aware of other historical religious texts reporting accounts of ancient smithing. So mentioning the accounts which do exist, and of which we are aware, seems totally appropriate to this site, since primal metal smithing is one of the topics of NT interest, despite the source, and whether or not one agrees or disagrees with particular matters of belief.

And since there are only about 3 or 4 people who follow this post, or most of the rest of the forums on TKN for that fact, there's no one to be offended. And if there were, last I checked, we still practice free speech in this country, so I assume we do on this forum as well, and said person would be more than welcome to offer a different opinion. If there are Islamic, or Shinto, or Buddhist, or Vedic or other ancient recorded accounts of smithing, why wouldn't their discussion of such be allowed on this forum?

The present discussion on this post was in no way designed to exclude any of different beliefs, and in fact after rereading all the posts, I find no attempt at to proselytize or push our particular beliefs or experiences off on anyone else, or criticize anyone who might disagree, though there were none who made themselves known. Three of the individuals involved in the discussion didn't seem to indicate any forum red flags were being violated, and at least two of the three either hold or have held moderator status. The entire thread overwhelmingly stems around smithing. So the insinuation that somehow what we're doing constitutes Bible study, seems a mite extreme. Unless censorship has now become a NT credo.