View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Year old Thread

It's ok that this thread is a year old. There were very few posts and RJ deserves better than this.

I was interviewed by Blade Magazine regarding an article of tactical makers who build both folder and fixed blades.

I listed RJ as the number maker on that list today. I took into account that he has built several different models of both folders and fixed blades over the last few years. That he has built several different styles and has used several different steels. These fixed blade styles included a Sub-Hilt FIghter, Fighter and Hollow Handle Survival Knife to name a few.

A couple of makers that were mentioned to me by the writer made a few fixed blade models. However, they were very basic (no guards). Basically a piece of steel and two pieces of handle material. Most competent knife makers could do that.

I also listed, Bob Lum, Bob Terzuola, Kit Carson and Walter Brend. Each of these world class makers build different models of fixed and folders. However, Lum, Terzuola and Carson focus primarly on Folders and Walter obviously is the master of the tactical fixed blade.

There are others that will come up, but again they are usually folder makers who build a very baisc fixed blade.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com