View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 AM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtec1 View Post
Goater....Thank You it means a lot coming from you...you gave me a lot of tips along the way too. and your kith knife was also top notch I said this in another thread but I think as far as design of a "bird and trout" knife you absolutely nailed it!...Ya know I hope this could be my calling I say this all the time but I think the best piece of advice my father ever gave me was "find something you LOVE to do and then find a way to get PAID for doing it and you will have a happy life" for him it was cars. for me its deffinitly knives. I am just starting to kinda pick up in sales to where if things pick up a little more it might be able to work as a full time carreer. But I will say the last couple months has been a lot of work between my own fixed blades also trying to nail down the last couple things with flipper folders . I have also been collaborating with a friend and now I just got a press to make Damascus talk about going in many directions LOL a lot of work for sure but hey I enjoy it...
Thanks for the kind words.

Yep, when you find what the Creator wired you up to do, and you make a living at it, going to work is easy. The flippers/folders are mysteries to me and will probably stay that way for a while. I do carry a flipper, fairly inexpensive as I'm bad to lose them, but I really have no desire at this time to build them. I've always been attracted to fixed blades.
Currently I'm having fun experimenting with forging and have an interest in forging some tomahawks. I've forged a few but yet to quite get where I want to be.
I also want to make some San Mai, which is probably about as far as I can go with lamination considering my power hammer. No damascus for now as my power hammer is limited in capacity. (My arm)

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!