View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Skilled

Rodney; My first response was based on assumptions that: You are a more causual maker as opposed a semi pro and as such do not have various weights of leather on hand; That you were making a pouch type sheath with integral loop.

My good friend, Sandy gave you some really good advise if you are making a blade type sheath and can roll the loop in reverse, and the seperate loop is always a great solution. Just remember to sew the loop on before you fold it up and glue for final stitching. (This piece of advise come to you because I have learned it the hard way)

Mike's advise is good also, but it would cause you to have addititonal lighter weight leather on hand.

I try to answer questions based on what I "guess" the maker's inventory and equipment status is and sometimes I assume less than is the case.

Paul

Paul Long-- 108 Briarwood Ln. W.-- Kerrville, Texas 78028-- Ph. 830 367 5536--- pfl@cebridge.net