Thread: through tang
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Guru

jim yeh I didn't think solder was that strong but I do belive you (I don't think you would try to sabotage me lol) but as you said glue pins threading the wood ect all ads strength
ray yeh your right I was planning on doing a knife for a friend then doing this through tang but he hasn't come over to look at the design as there were some specifics he wanted so I may start the through tang first...or actually now that I know how long I have for the KITH I may start that one before anything else so I am not it a rush with it. either way I wanted to know what the options were on a thrugh tang and what you guys thought of them wich you guys all answered great and ray I tend to agree about just threading the tang it doesn't seem any harder than the other options may even be easier and I know welds brazing ect.. if done right can be stronger than the material it self but that's in perfect conditions and I tend to think the less joints there are the less places for it to fail. and like I said I have the die's to thread so it shoulndt be to hard to do....either way you guys answered all my questions so thank you