Thread: 1080 vs 1084
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Guru

yeh i wasnt seriously thinking about the more expensive one but i thught if this guy made the right price i might take it....just to have it and see if i could make anything work...but i really dont plan on making damascus all that offten (alot work) so it would have to be really cheap wich we didnt talk about price so we will see....i have to turn around and go back to mass. tomorow to get more stuff from grandmothers house so maybe while i am up there ill look at it and see what can be done. all the door nobs in the house are really nice wood all of them look like a burl patteren (mystery wood tho) so since she sold the house i grabed 2 of them and put cheap door nobs in ii think i am going to snag the rest too : ) perfect size to cut to a handle to ...oh before i forget ray i know we talked a little about neoprene rubber being a ok solution for a no slip grip handle....have you used it? how does it work (drill , grind ect..) i am trying to find a grippy handle material for a knife i have been working on but in my head i envision putting it to the grinder to shape a lil and it just turning into a smeared sticky mess...but again i am probilly wrong i just cant see it grinding or even drilling anything like other materials