View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

DDR3-BL - test build, w/ parts diagram

Put together a DDR3-BL yesterday and thought I'd share. It was the first knife I've put together and I couldn't find any directions for it online but it turned out better than I expected. The DDR3-LL instructions are somewhat similar and I went by those and pics online. Overall I was impressed how well it came together. There are only some minor things to clean up, I didn't have to file or anything, just a couple drops of oil.

The tricky parts of assembling for me was figuring out which screws go where, they all look the same but there are 3 types it's important to identify- 2 shorter bolster screws, 3 flat-head liner screws, and 6 scale screws. The bolster screws are short so they don't hit the blade when it folds. The 3 liner screws are flat headed so they sit flush. It looks like they give an extra screw or two with each kit. I used the little torx tool and it was seemed a little flimsy but got the job done. I made an exploded parts diagram and put it below.

Some minor criticisms are the button is off center, and the thumb stud is kind of non-functional since it's unassisted. Minimal cosmetic blemishes on the one I put together, and couple spots on the bolsters don't align well with the liners, but these should be easy to clean up.

unlabeled large version here:

Took me about an hour as a newb without directions.

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 04-10-2016 at 01:01 PM.