View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
Need help converting a knife

Okay, I bought some of these :

(this is not my video by the way, but this is the exact thing that I've got) :

but I had no idea when I bought them that they are button-press automatic knives. I also had no idea that this type of knife is illegal over here in the UK.

I discovered today that all flick knives, switch blades, and gravity knives are illegal to even own in your own home, unless you had them before 1959.

Now obviously I don't want to get in trouble, so I need to convert this knife into the sort of thing a swiss army knife would do - you know, so you pull the blade down to open it, and push it up to close it. There has to be some friction there, and it can't use a button.

Every search online that I'm doing, people are asking how to convert regular foldable knives into switchblades, but I need the other way around!

I know nothing about knives. My husband is willing to have a go at converting it, but he doesn't know what he's doing either.

Can anyone help? I really need these knives to be legal.

Thanks so much in advance.
Reply With Quote