Thread: epoxy question
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 08:31 PM
Guru

Ray, I have a 2x48 Dayton 3/4 HP

It was on sale for $228 dollars when I bought it. It needs modifications which are fairly easy for me to do. As for the Dayton 2x42 I don't know what size wheels it has although I understand where you're coming from. I doubt the wheels are able to be swapped. Just doesn't look like it. I know 4400 SFPM is fast, but with the right belts and belt lube it shouldn't be a problem. I used a hi-speed Kalamazoo for years and it really just comes down to not over using the belts past their prime. Like I said, and you have as well, DO NOT get cheap with the belts.

A 1x30 is half of the cost of the 2x42 and it is less than half the grinder. Just recommending something that may be in Grover's price range. An angle grinder is fine for steel stock removal if you're good at it, but is a poor choice for handle material, especially if burning up the handle material and loosening the epoxy.