View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
Looking at the boxes and bowls you boys made, would I be correct in thinking that a bunch of that wood is thuya and Amboyna burl?

Ray?!!? Does Thuya and Amboyna burl need to be stabilized or is it a hardwood? I have never used either and was wondering.
Correct! It is all made from thuya burl. Actually, we didn't make those ourselves. They came handcrafted from Morroco. I have some thuya burl blocks that I sell as well as Amboyna. I'll post some in the "Items and Bargains" forum soon to see if there is any interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
You boys are no slouches, that is a bunch of good work and your brother has his own leather sewing machine?!!? (I don't have one) Yes I will PM you, it's fairly easy to figure the sizes I would need as I make knives and need ironwood for hidden tang knives so nice 1 1/4 x 1 x 6"+ long or just nice pieces as I have a bandsaw, but Ironwood tears the blades up. You wouldn't happen to have some Gila Monster skins would you? LOL
Thank you. LOL, Sorry, no Gila Monster. We get lots of rattlesnakes that we skin though. We've gotten 7 around our property in the last week (technically 18 because one snake had 11 snakelings in it).

Last edited by RolandRanch; 07-13-2017 at 08:04 PM.