View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Guru

that's what I wondered about I asked cera coat they told me that cera coat is not very good doing touch ups with a brush but he did say it can be done it just may scratch easier than if sprayed i aint too worried about that but cera coat does need to be baked at 250 deg....I didn't know if number one what types of handle material would be ok with that temp if I did go back and paint it. g10 and micarta you do think will be ok? obviously not something like inlace acrlester that stuff gets flexible even on a grinder. but also number two if I did it like normal with g10 (assuming g10 would be ok with the heat????) but if I epoxied it on with acra glass would the acra glass be ok I wasn't sure if the heat would make that stuff get soft and start oozing out ( I could be totally wrong about that just something that went through my head) have you ever tried heating that epoxy? if it wont react well do you know of any other epoxy that will take the heat ok?? maybe ill just paint a couple lil squares like coupons and test it with some scrap g10 I have laying around with different epoxy's and see what happens when I heat it. maybe a different type of glue like gorilla might work well