View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Registered

randall chain link

Hello, I am new to this site. That was my listing for the chain link randall on ebay.
I was selling this for someone else and I actually could not read the hand writing very well
and I entered in the wrong amounts. I have refunded the buyer back on this and will be relisting it in a day or two.
I started it on ebay at 350 buy in now at 525. Boy did I mess up.
I was supposed to actually start this at 1350 with a buy it now of 5250.
I will tell you a little more about the knife. Mr. Lewis of Claremont NH joined the army Jan. 1942
he passed away in 2010. I do not know where he served, but like the rest of us he made his sacrifice
for this great country. The sheath is in good condition for the age. Leather also is good for the
age. The chain appears to made out of copper or brass not sure but it just looks a little different from the rest of the metal and a magnet would not stick to it. It is my understanding that this knife is rare but any information you gentleman could provide would be helpful.
I am not a big collector of anything I just sell some stuff on ebay from time to time for myself or others. The best thing I like about selling stuff is finding out history about things and where they came from and the passion that others have.
Thank you
Frank