View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys, my paragon oven is on its way so after my batch of 440c comes back from Peters heat treat the rest will be heat treated by me, I understand it will be a big learning curve but I cannot wait to jump right in and mess things up. I have decided to drop the d2 and replace it with s35vn, as Jim had said the price difference is minimal, but the quality of what can be made is much better. I also agree with WNC Goater about potential buyers, BUT I still want quality steel because I believe it to be a huge selling point, not that the gun analogy don't make sense but you are not comparing apples to apples, sure one has more recoil and bigger bullets than the other but they are different size guns, compare filet knife to filet knife with the blades the same size and i can see where one steel would be better than another, and that IS what i am looking for.

Just so you all know, and i am sure you all do, but that's the reason i joined this site over the others, knowledge, wisdom, and the willingness to help others.

Carl