View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Guru

Judging from the pictures you put up, it looks like you're wanting a unique folder too Joshua?
Also what kind of fishing does your father do? I live in the mountains and a small filet is what I usually use, but I sometimes go to Florida and use bigger knives, one as big as a carver. A fifty pound cobia is a big fish and some fish are hard to skin like a sheephead. I have 3 knives typically for ocean fishing and a medium small filet for freshwater. I don't eat catfish.

There are some really masterful makers here, some are master bladesmiths with excellent reputations and some like me who make a few knives. So what exactly are you looking for? Some guys here can engrave as well. So you may see a factory knife and want the bolsters engraved.

If you want a folder I haven't made many, but others here sure have. Look through the "knives for sale" room. Any of the moderators will help you if you PM them. An engraved knife sounds like maybe something you may have in mind. I recommend Damon as I know him and have watched him work, he is an artist.
Here is some of his work.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/oiseaumetalarts/

Last edited by jimmontg; 03-09-2017 at 10:18 AM.