View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Steel Addict

Made an Angry Victor for myself.

I present to you the Angry Victor. Made one for myself after letting the last one go. This one is a leaf spring, oil quenched, tempered at 430 degrees for an hour and a half. I made the scales out of a chunk of oak wall trim we had laying around and used a Sedona Red stan & seal on it. I didn't polish the scales, I like the look as-is and I made it for me unless someone peels off about $200 to compensate me for the two days I spent working on it. The scales are NOT identical, I worked it on the sander until it was comfortable and at-home in MY hand. I love the end result, I got probably the cleanest (still not perfect) bezel I've gotten so far and to all outward appearances it should last a lifetime and then some. I took it outside and attacked some logs before final sharpening and I was astounded at how well it bit even when dull. Thank you to everyone that kept at me to work my bevels farther up, I know that was the difference. I left the hammer marks on that one side for the aesthetic value, the pic makes it look like there's still curve but it's as straight as possible. The grind on the back is funky because I didn't want this one looking too pristine.