Thread: Respirator
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

I'm not sure which ones might not be good but I have had good luck with 3M and with AO Safety. Again though, check to be sure you can get the filters we need for what we do which are quite different from painter's filters. I'd have to look them up to see what they are due to the onset of old timer's disease but, as best I can recall, we need filters that can handle organic vapors and some other vapors I forget at the moment. Those are the canister filters. Your mask needs to provide an additional set of dust filters that clip onto the canister filters. You probably are not going to find all this at the local hardware store, that's where that MSC catalog comes in. MSC handles all the products a machinist might need which, co-incidentally, happens to be largely the same stuff we need. I like their catalog but I understand young people have an aversion to paper so maybe you can find what you want at mscdirect.com . You might also note that MSC's mask generally come in three sizes since you mentioned yours didn't fit well. Some of their masks even come made with a choice of several different materials. This is how the pros do it ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 11-24-2016 at 05:04 PM.