View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Skilled

Send a message via AIM to Ron Claiborne Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Claiborne
All that has been said is good advice and if your going to go to a show to present your work

present it as though you have pride in what you do and that you humbled and happy that people have stopped to see your work that they are important to you and be censer you have spent a lot to be there wright what would it cost you to visit each one that stops at your table to go to their homes business and if you did take the time to do how would you like to be treated ? they have spent a lot to come to see you and some thing to consider .
Some other thing need to be said in show etiquette and to keep from offending anyone ill say it where people like Ed and other show people would never say is the( walk way understanding .)
I go to shows to see friends, a lot of us do to see what they are doing now and to rekindle friendships it?s the club the reason that you do see other makers at others table .
Never coat a maker to lose a chance to talk to other people that stops at his table by talking with him over a how to mount a gaurd or just knife talk he?s there to sell knives and himself he want tell you to step away you should be aware of every body around you as you talk and when other approach his table tell him you will get back with him later and let him do what hes there for I know I spend a lot of time talking to friends when im at a knife show . I hope I have never cost a maker a sale ,
If you see your good friend that you have met in the forums and his table is full come back when they is a down time but this needs to be said and i don?t show my knives so im only saying this in that regard to be considerate to you knifemaking buddies

I hope I have not embarrassed any body or offended any I just think it needed said

Bowie

Last edited by Ron Claiborne; 01-24-2005 at 01:20 PM.