View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 05:29 AM
Guru

EVEN BETTER WEAR YOUR MASK ALL THE TIME!!! You don't want to breath any of that stuff in wether its steel, titanium, brass, wood , carbon fiber ect.... The only time I don't put my mask on is if it is something super quick like shortening a pair of screw that takes 10 seconds so I don't bother always wear it ...some materials can effect you very very quickly of just breathing it in for a short amount of time other materials take 10+ years to do its thing but you don't want to find out 10 years from now that you have lung cancer from not using a mask .....it only takes 10 seconds to put on.........On the topic Ray in one of your videos you showed your mask that you said they don't make any more it had a clip in the front to drop the mask down. Well 3m is making them again saw it in home depot and grabed it and love it makes things like talking to people when they interrupt me much easier....

That being said cocobolo is the only NON stabilized wood I have ever used....I only use wood 20% of the time so I aint a expert but I think it is to oily to stabilize (again could be wrong on that) I do like the look its a real good looking wood and honestly I used it twice on knives that I did very early on in my knife making and they just sit in a draw (one isn't even sharpened or even a secondary bevel for that) I do think if I did it again and it would be used a lot I would seal it like jim had said either thinned out epoxy or even a CA glue and just spread it around let it dry and hit it lightly with a high grit sand paper....