View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhrocker
Darren said: " If you wanted to set it up so it would have the capability for ramp rates and soak times you could always retrofit it with a PID or fuzzy logic type controller and make it even more useful! "

I've thought about that, and in fact, Fitz told me of a unit sold by Paragon, that may be just the ticket. However, the cost of the programmers, etc, is al most what the cost of a nice new Evenheat is, so that's a consideration.

Hi Robert, I'd look around, I bet there are others out there that are at a better price point than the one from Paragon...

Quote:
If I try to use Argon in the tube (as opposed to vacumn), is it a constant purge Darren?
yes, if you have a flow meter you can experiment to determine optimum flow without wasting gas, but in a pinch, a needle valve will do too.

Quote:
As to you're other offer "You wouldn't happen to have an Nd-Yag laser sitting around do you, we can get you hooked up doing some pulsed laser deposition experimental physics work!", yes, I have four of those, but not ready to unpack them quite yet )
Jeez, you're kidding right!? Probably not, knowing you! Where in the world do you get this stuff? Do you know how much those are worth!?

-Darren

Visit the Forge Gallery - forge building resource pages
ForgeGallery.EllisCustomKnifeworks.com