View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Hall of Famer

My Lindberg HT furnace

Here's a picture of my old Lindberg. Not sure of the year built, but it's a model 59544. Has a sealed tube with it, for an inert gas, but I don't have any info on using that feature. I've used this thing several times now, with good results, there's no ramping so to speak, just set the temp, and go from there. When done, turn it off. I think it goes to 2,400+, but I'll never need to take it that high. Will be good for tempering also, although spendy seeing as how I could use a walmart toaster oven with a oven thermometer. The Lindberg didn't have a temp read-out, so you can see the one I've added, it's the one I use in my forge, with a thermowell (in the gas forge, not in the elect. furnace). Anyone else have one of these things, maybe can give me some tips, etc? Pretty straight forward I guess. Heat it up, cook the steel, shut it down. You can see one of my oil quench tanks nearby also, but I like edge quenching in a shallow pan more often than not. As I mentioned in another thread, I've been using Brownells PBC for anit-scaling. Haven't tired Turco yet.

Hensarling Custom Knives