View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Steel Addict

So I got rid of the original scale and made 2 new ones now that everything is starting to take shape. I trimmed up the locking arm and made the little end piece. There is still extra material but it is starting to look like the final folder. Here are a couple pics of the folder open and closed with all of the pieces shaped and the scale covering it. With it all pinned together and the blade open the handle actually feels comfortable. So far I am pretty happy with it. This is going to be a pretty big knife but I don't think it will be awkward....I hope.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I guess my next step will be to plan and cut out for the spring. The picture below shows the clearance for the spring in blue and the spring itself in red. Before I cut it out I will make sure I have a decent plan for 2 pins and hopefully a lanyard hole in the end piece.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's about it for now but I think the next thing I will do is start looking at the materials I will be using for the handle and also decide on fastener and pivot components. I don't want to drill any holes until I have a final game plan on how I plan on assembling it. I have a small selection of folder parts I purchased a couple years ago. My scale and liner choices may determine how I plan on assembling it. Keep checking back. Hopefully I have more to show later or tomorrow.