View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Steel Addict

After I made a locking arm I realized I had to change the shape of the pivot area so I had to go a bit smaller because there wasn't enough material in one area. I had it locking great in the open position but it was missing material when it was closed so the arm didn't push the blade closed the last little bit. It looked really dumb and wrong. It sucks that many times if you have to make a change in one area, it causes a chain reaction. I'm sure that if I wasn't trying to make a full tang blade into a folder it would be a little bit easier.

Here are a couple pics of my progress.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There is obviously still a lot of shaping and fitting to do but I don't want to take off too much material in the lock area until after heat treat. I still have to cut the excess material off of the locking arm but I think I should first remake a pair of temporary scales to make sure I will have a comfortable and descent looking handle. I already started on that and will hopefully post some more pics later. So far I am really enjoying making this thing but it is nowhere near done so we will see how it goes. Feel free to ask away if you have any questions. Thanks for putting up with my first attempt.