View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Skilled

Hey Ron - I have a feeling we may find similar taste in lots of things. The Raffles hotel was/is (?) one of the greatest places in the east. I spent 5 months in Singapore-Malaysia-Indonesia in the very early 70s. Too poor to stay at the Raffles, but I went there, walking across the Padang many evenings. This was long before the city went to high rise. Great place.

If you use the link to Frank Frazetta's museum site, at the top you will find a number of "gallerys." Each gallery has pages of his work... my favorite fantastic artist. He was highly respected and his paintings are now extremely valuable, but he was sniffed and frowned at by the effete art world because of his unabashed machoism.

By the way ... you may remember the cartoons in 60s Playboy mag, "Little Annie Fanny?" He was the artist.

Re: knives and sheaths. I wish we could line up 50 Randalls, sheath face up, expanding the experiment that Gary Clinton used. Then have 5-6 experts each arrange them in order by perceived date. Record the results, turn the sheaths over, record the results. It seems to me that most sheaths for model 1s later on, say mid-60s had the stamp facing right... however I found several exceptions ...trouble is, it is amazing how few pictures show back of sheath. Could be nothing though, just a left handed sheath maker or something.

Thanks for your influence and sharing your expertise. Regards, Jack

Last edited by Jacknola; 04-22-2013 at 11:07 PM.