View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
As with any "system" I'm sure it's far from perfect. Whenever you have something that such a large number of people are using, the design must be to accomdate the MAJORITY, and there will always be problems with it for various individuals.

I use Paypal too, and studied it carefully before I got involved. Some of the things that I would suggest doing with Paypal to decrease your chances of problems are.....

1. Start a totally seperate checking account as your "Paypal" account.

2. Ensure that checking account can, and does have the availability of a debit card/credit card that is attached ONLY to that account. (use that debit/credit card as your Paypal account credit card)

3. Keep ONLY the minimum amount of money in that account that you need. As soon as a large sum is paid into that account via Paypal, withdrawl all but your "minimum" amount, and place it into another account. That way if there is a probelm, ALL of your money will not be "locked up".

These are just some of the things that I have done in order to try to head off any difficulties before they occurred. So far I've not had any probelms with Paypal, although I do get the spoof emails on a daily basis telling me that there are "probelms" with my account. What closely for these, and forward them to Paypal. NEVER, EVER, click on any links in a suspicous email, and if you recieve a questionable email, always go to your "MY EBAY" and check to see if the same message is there. If it's not, then it's a fake.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."