View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Guru

I didn't think it should effevt it either that's why I asked I am using a even heat oven the steel is 440c stainless. I haven't checked the other blade I just heat treated 12 blades starting on wendsday over night in LN then yesterday they all got tempered at 375 I ground one blade (wich was one of the 2 out of 12 that I tried keeping thetang soft I didn't want to do it on all of them since I haven't done it before) like I said I ground one today and expecting it to be much harder that wanted I tested it on a brass rod and it wasn't anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be for only tempering at 375 ( I temper them all at 375 to releave stress from hardening then I grind one and work my way up on the temper till its good and then that gives me a idea of where to re temper the rest at) I haven't ground any of the rest of them yet tomorrow I am going to grind the other one I attempted this on and one of the ones I didn't and see if there is a difference if ther is then I guess that is why if not then I will have to figure out what could have went wrong good news is I don't think Its bad enough to have to re do the whole process just temper lower than usual but I would like to know why if possible ya know