View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 12:58 AM
Skilled

Well From what Joe posted, i guess we can say that Col Compton's knife is one of the first 29 fighters made? That is interesting to say the least.

I don't know early RMKs. I do know that one knife at issue has fancy decorative spacers, an ornate handle, and a high keeper Moore sheath, etc. The other does not. I also know that the earlier RMKs all had the same genre ornate spacers, etc, and the later ones morphed away from that to a military spartan look. Just from logic and thd law of similar properties, most people would therefore associate the ornate handle with the older knives. To do otherwise would require some serious mental gymnastics and an explanation involving shop construction method against the grain of evolution. That explanation is not needed in the obverse case.

And Joe...You are quoting Gaddis, but then inferring, deducing and assuming as if those inferences, deductions, assumptions were the word-of-Gaddis himself...but it seems you are ignoring the physical evidence. That is not the way science works, or investigations (which I do for a living). I know of several key things Mr. Gaddis was wrong about, some of which he freely acknowledged.

Whatever...What I don't know is why adopt this confrontational tone? What has it added? I say check egos at the log-on icon and change the tone to add respect. I'm claiming this to be my line and Gen. Moore's.

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-15-2017 at 01:02 AM.