View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Bird and Trout KITH

This year we'll have two easy KITHs, the first will be for a Bird & Trout knife. If you google that term you can find hundreds of examples on the internet but I have attached two to give you the basic idea. From these two examples you can see that you have a very wide latitude on exactly what you choose to build.

The rules are simple:

1. Any steel that you can personally heat treat or that you can send out to a professional heat treater. If this is your first KITH then contact me by email .

2. Any blade length but most are small, 2" to 4".

3. For this KITH a hollow grind is preferred but NOT required. This is intended to get those who might not otherwise be using hollow grinds to try it - KITHs are for learning and small blades are easiest. The next KITH will be a flat grind.

4. Don't worry about being overly fancy, but do worry about a very high quality fit and finish.

5. Sheath your knife, leather or Kydex.

Entries will be due by July 4th, 2017. Take the best picture you can of your knife and sheath against a plain background. Have the knife laying horizontally (not angled) in the picture and include a ruler to show scale.

Once the entries are all in each of you will rate all of the knives. I will tabulate the results and use that to tell you who to trade with so everybody gets a new knife. Have fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b&t.JPG (49.3 KB, 100 views)

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 04-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.