View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Guru

Yeh ray is right (as always lol.....ya know I have been trying to catch you slipping with a wrong answer for years now and really I think I am giving up it just doesn't happen LOL) but yes most stainless is HELPED by liquid nitrogen not needed

I did a search on the delta grinder and couldn't find exactly what you were talking about can you take a picture of it? my best guess especially the fact its only a 1 in belt probilly a 1x30 it wont be the best tool for the job but is it possible to use it yeh probilly. The 2 main factors are #1 the motor it might not be strong enough to put in bevels, I am sure you could do little touch up work with it deffinitly sharpening maybe after the bevels are in you might be able to go up in grits to get a better finish but I doubt it will have the power to remove a lot of material like creating the bevels...but hey I may be wrong it all depends on how strong the motor is.....Secondly is the belt size you said 1 in so probilly a 1x30 but ok the best way I can explain it is I have a 2x72 grinder the belt is a lot biger so your belts are going to wear out much quicker than mine just because there isn't as much there....even with my 2x72 belts wear out on each knife IF I start with 60 grit to do the bevels I use that for 1 knife and never again (sometimes if it has a lil grit left ill use it for profiling but never for bevels OR going up in grits....I am sure if you took a pic some other people would chime in to...